Ellington Town Picnic Photo Contest Rules:
- Deadline to enter is July 29th, 2017.
- Viewing of Contest starts at 6:00 PM at bandstand Friday August 4th, 2017...
- Contest is open to amateurs only.
- Prior winning entries are ineligible.
- Heavily edited photos will be Rejected. (No removal of objects, no adding objects, no major color adjustment, no filter usage!!!) Acceptable: black & white, cropping, minor sharpening.
- Entries must be dropped off at the Ellington Farman Library.
- Photos must be 8 x 10, matted, and in a protective sleeve.
- $5.00 per photo, maximum of 5 entries per person.
- Payment is due at time of registration.
- Cash and checks accepted. Checks should be made out to Ellington Town Picnic Association.
- Photos will be pre-judged by an art industry expert.
- Winners will be selected from the following categories:
- Cash prizes will be awarded to top 2 winning entries in each category.
- A Viewer’s Choice prize will be awarded August 6th after the parade.
- Prize money will be distributed at the Hospitality Tent August 6th.
- All photos will be on display at the gazebo in the park during Town Picnic August 4-5, 2017.
- Photos must be picked up by 10:00 PM Saturday August 5th or before Fireworks Show Starts.
- After Town Picnic, all remaining photos will be stored at the Ellington Farman Library for 2 weeks only! After that, they will be chucked in the trash.
So please do not forget to pick them up.